Monday, April 12, 2010

I am not a teenager, I am not a teenager, I am not a teenager...

So, I feel like a total dork and almost don't want to tell anyone.. but have you two heard of the Twilight Series? You know, the four series book about a girl in a crazy love triangle with a vampire and wolf that tons of teenage girls are obsessed with? Ha ha!! I know - you are thinking "what"?!?! So, movies for the first two books have come out already - Allyson got me to watch the first (she is obsessed!) and the second the girls in my care group watched together at the dollar theater. Some of these girls convinced me to read the books. They are fat thick 600 or 800 page books.... So I started reading the third book two weeks ago... and as of today I am 3/4 of the way done with the fourth!!!! It is such a dorky sappy book - but the suspense is killing me - I NEED to know what happens!
So, just warning you - DO NOT pick up these books or watch the movies unless you have to know if Bella ends up with the vampire or the wolf OR if you feel like having a near death experience from laughing so hard at the sheer stupidity of the story that you lose air circulation.
If you are curious, I'll save you the time and tell you who wins in the end!!!
Ha ha!!
So, I really do read COOL books...
before these books, I read "The Secret Life of Bees". Awesome novel! Watching the movie was just not the same.... sigh....

2 comments:

  1. I am avoiding the Twilight series with a passion. I do not want to become ga-ga crazy over a girl who is in love with a vampire/werewolf. However, I don't have a problem being addicted to a young boy who is a magician and works with his high school buddies to save the world from an evil magician. hahaha. Have you ever seen the movie "Yes Man"? Great flick. If I really let myself out, I would probably be the guy throwing the Harry Potter parties, with everyone dressing up and watching all the movies back to back.

    I can't believe the dollar theater still exists. It thought those had died out long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not obsessed...right now at least. I was, for sure, when I was reading them. And come June 30 when Eclipse comes out, I'm sure I will be again. But I can go about my day to day life and not ever think about Bella, Edward, or Jacob, so there is hope for you! :) Such a fun blog! I hope you guys keep it up! And Sharon, write as long of a post as you want--I was just playing around tonight. Maybe I'll have time to read it during a nap. :)

    ReplyDelete