Saturday, July 10, 2010

Haikus and a Rhyme

Labor, breath, Push! PUSH!
That was hard but this is worse;
I so hate moving.

Recipe: Nightmare
Baby, toddler, add packing
and heat wave: Presto!

Screaming, yelling, AAAHHHH!
Evie has a brand new sound
I call it "screlling"

Not a haiku, just a rhyme I thought up while packing: 

Boxes, boxes everywhere
Styrofoam peanuts in my hair
Will you ever find this again? 
Oh, who cares?  Just throw it in!
All the contents of my life
Wrapped up, out of sight.
Hands, legs and back sore from all the packing,
Laying here because I'm tired, not slacking!
Friends, My lesson has been learned:
Next time we move, we are going to pay somebody.

1 comment:

  1. that is so stinky hilarious d!
    i stopped ryan from him reading "the Hiding Place" to make him listen to this post.
    He was less amused. I mean really, "The Hiding Place". I should have waited till he was watching TV. Something that was not a true life-changing event.
    But I laughed !!!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete